Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Journey

My journey in this life has included many stops along the way and I am sure you will be able to relate to most, if not all of what I speak of. Reflecting on my times spent at these stops has allowed me to truly grasp why I am here on this earth.

The times I was stopped or maybe I should say delayed, were times of pure struggle, never once was there a stop that provided absolute peace and tranquility, no, every stop was a struggle. Am I saying that my life has been miserable? No, not in the least, but it has stopped at times.

When we get held up by something, it is usually by something uncomfortable, depressing, sad, tragic, loss etc…etc… our forward progress and the ability to do what we truly want in this life is rarely, if ever, put on hold because of something good. These inconveniences, however not clear then, are given to us to make us better, not bitter. If we grasp that, we understand also that we become stronger and become more capable to face things later in life.

I encourage you to realize this the next time you get stopped or are delayed, put your heart into the issue at hand and know that on the other side you will be stronger. Focus on the fact that if a friend or even maybe a stranger is ever in need, chances are your additional strength will be a blessing to them.

We are all bound to face life delays, no way to avoid that, but on the journeys we take in between each of those delays, we should be cognizant of those around us that may be in need. I know why I am here, through my numerous stops filled with struggles, I have been given strength and blessed by being shown my reason for being….I am to extend the hand of hope, freedom, and the chance to provide one more day of life to my fellow human beings in any way I can.

Whether it is risking my life to save others, providing something to someone so they can get one level closer to achieving a dream, or just being kind to other people. The hand of hope takes on many forms; will you compile all the strength provided to you from your delays and stops in your life and use it for the good of others? Will you extend the hand of hope to others?

I pray that you believe it can be done, if it were not possible, I would not have been able to put these words into print, go ahead, do it, you’re strong enough!

Best regards to all and may your day be blessed!

Mike Daley
http://www.ethicalbusinessconnections.com

1 comment:

Shirley A. said...

My Quiet Time Gems today were along your thoughts also.

Isaiah 24:15 - "Glorify the Lord IN the fires."

Col. 2:15 - "triumphing over them IN it."

I Thes. 5:18 - "Give thanks IN all circumstances, for this is God's will for you..."

That little word "in" packs powerful images for those times of struggles, of disappointments, of pain and "learning moments" along our journey.

I memorized this poem for today:
"When each earthly prop gives under,
And life seems a restless sea,
Are you then a God-kept wonder,
Satisfied and calm and free?"

That Gem is tucked away for those next "defining moments." He is able to keep us IN those hard moments! Perseverance is the name of the game in putting one foot in front of the other day by day.

Your thoughts are much appreciated!
Keep 'em comin, man! They are thought-provoking.

Be Blessed all day long!
Shirley A.
www.train-them-well.com